First steps in education
The little acorns from our kindergarten need a space that is especially suited for their movements and discoveries, rich in objects that draw their attention and that stimulate the different stages of their growth.
The nursery environment is defined by different areas where children can safely play together with a grownup. We offer 4 rooms with different themes:
- The Book room, with corners for reading, building and small world toys.
- The Discovery room, sensory games, creative activities, playful investigation and manipulative play
- The Gym room, fmattresses, tunnels, engaging music and space for dance and all kinds of movement
- The Big room, fitted with tables and chairs, perfectly suited for puzzles and board games. The role play corner stimulates children’s imagination and offers them a wide array of materials and costumes inspired by the land of fairytales.
Children spend time in every room, in small groups, based on a pre-established schedule. The resources are changed on a regular basis and selected according to children’s needs and interests.
The Acorns garden measures 1100 square meters. Children play outside every day (except when very wet or cold). Educators help the children get ready and are actively involved in their games, stimulating their social and physical skills in a safe environment.
The Acorns garden is divided into different areas:
- The bike area: equipped with tricycles and other wheeled toys where children receive the support they need in practicing coordination, balance and awareness of space.
- Climbing Area: slides and ladders that help children develop self-confidence in their physical skills and muscle coordination
- Manipulative Tray: children can experiment and interact with a variety of materials such as rice, water, pasta, flour, etc
- Sand Area: for building, digging, etc
- Workshop: a covered area where children can take part in creative activities outside
- Quiet Area: equipped with pillows and blankets where children can relax, read books or play
- GreenArea: offers the children a reason to explore nature, to truly feel that they’re using their whole body